Ipsy Glam Bag v. Play! by Sephora: April 2017
What's Inside the Ipsy Slideshow April 2017 Bag!
- OFRA Cosmetics Blush in Rendezvous, $12: My mom was drawn to this shade of blush and plans on using it on her travels this summer. The color is very flattering, although I wish it came in a small compact instead of an exposed tin.
- EM Cosmetics Illustrative Eyeliner Brush Tip (full-size), $15: This is an eyeliner created by YouTube OG Michelle Phan. Maybe I'll finally master the wing with this calligraphy pen inspired eyeliner.
- Hey Honey Bésame Mucho, $14: This is a nice lip balm, but I don't find it nearly as hydrating or long-lasting as others I own. I'll continue to use it, especially if I'm on the go or traveling.
- PEEK Beauty eye will stay Naturally Long Wearing Eye Shadow in 250k8, $25 [set of 4 eyeshadow tins]: Who doesn't love eye shadow? I'm interested in seeing how this little guy stacks up against my favorite Colourpop shadows.
- THEORIE Marula Oil Transforming Hair Serum, $26: My mom and I both have dry hair, and this serum isn't too heavy, which is great for both fine and thicker hair. The scent is extremely light and it leaves your hair looking shiny, but not greasy.
What's Inside the Play! by Sephora Step it Up April 2017 Box!
- Peter Thomas Roth Water Drench Hyaluronic Cloud Cream, $52: This is constantly out of stock on Sephora's website. The moisturizer is very soft and leaves my skin feeling smooth, but after a couple of uses, I think my combination skin needs something a bit stronger than this gel-based moisturizer.
- Philosophy Made Simple Face Cleanser, $11 to $55: I received a sample of this back in December and I loved using it so much that I bought a 16oz size for $15 at Ulta during a sale. I think it's a great, gentle cleanser, but I'm not a huge fan of the ingredients which include skin-irritating sulfates.
- Smashbox Iconic Photo Finish Foundation Primer, $16 to $49: This is a primer I use often because I have another sample of it from a previous Sephora purchase. I like this primer because it goes on smooth and sheer and helps my foundation last all day.
- Make Up For Ever Aqua XL Eye Pencil Waterproof Eyeliner in Matte Black, $21: I just bought Tarte's Maneater Self-sharpening Eyeliner during Ulta's 21 Days of Beauty sale for $10 (usually $20), and I really like it since it doesn't budge a lot on my waterline. I'll definitely give the Make Up For Ever pencil a go and see how well it stays put.
- Sephora Collection Waterproof Eye Makeup Remover, $7.50 to $15: I've used this to remove my waterproof mascara and it does a wonderful job without stingy my eyes! This sample-size is perfect for throwing in my makeup bag.
- Miu Miu L'Eau Bleue, $28 to $118: I actually really like this fragrance because it's very me. It has notes of lily of the valley and honeysuckle, which are both beautiful floral scents perfect of any occasion.
- Price: $10.70/month
- Samples: 6, mini to deluxe
- Brands: High-end to Sephora Collection
- Info insert with product details
- Cloth makeup bag with printed design
- Bonus 50 beauty insider points with purchase at Sephora
- April Bag Product Prices (Travel-size to Full-size): $135.50 to $310
- Price: $10/month
- Samples: 5, mini, deluxe or full-size
- Brands: New to high-end
- Online coupon deals for brands featured in bags
- Cosmetic bag in a fun print + style
- April Bag Product Prices (Full-size): $92
I'm torn on which bag I will stay subscribed to. My mom and I split the samples, so it's been nice to be subscribed to both, but spending $20.70 every month isn't something I want to do going forward. We agreed to give both another go in May and then figure out which one will we cancel. I generally just love the Sephora Play box because I like to sample high-end brands without committing to their full-size price tags. I also like Ipsy because you're expose to many new and unheard of brands, which helps you expand your beauty net, and the discount codes are great!
Update on 4/19: I decided to cancel both subscriptions for the time being, so I can focus on using the amazing product I have now. I can always re-up in the future!
Check out these online codes to save money on brands featured in the April Ipsy Glam Bag!
OFRAcosmetics.com (IPSY30) Save 30 percent off any purchase [Expires 4.30.17]
EMcosmetics.com (IPSY25) Save 25 percent off any 2 or more items [Expires 5.31.17]
yourtheorie.com (LOVEIPSY30) Save 30 percent off any purchase + free shipping [Expires 5.31.17]
peekbeauty.co (IPSYEYE20) Save 20 percent off any purchase [Expires 5.31.17]
heyhoney.com (KissMeHoney) Save 20 percent off site wide [Expires 5.31.17]
Are you an IPSY Glam Bag or Play! by Sephora Subscriber? Let me know what subscription box you prefer and why! If you haven't tried either out before, I hope this post helps you decide which one is the best for you :)
||Shop the April 2017 Beauty Bags||
PC: Shop the product images pulled from retailers' sites.